- DataSunday 16, 13.00 and 20.30 h
Orquesta de Malabares
Pistacatro presents at Trapezi 2021 their show Orquesta de Malabares (Juggling orchestra), one of the most original and suggestive projects in the performing arts field in the peninsula and in Europe, in which two worlds come together (circus and music) on the same stage through 6 jugglers and about thirty musicians of the Reus Symphonic Band. Tradition and innovation come together in one same pioneering and unique project in Spain.
Like smoke, circus, in its geometrical evolution towards the future, penetrates all doors, windows and cracks of the performing arts scenery. In this case, circus fills the gaps between the lecterns and the local band musicians’ chairs.
Orquesta de Malabares is a concert in which the jugglers are the dancers of this aerial ballet. Clarinets, saxophones, trumpets are the painters of this expressionist painting in which the balls, juggling clubs and hoops draw in the air the feelings and emotions conveyed by the music and circus. The band musicians, outside their comfort zone, participate –like actors– in a theatre act playing unusual themes and styles.
In a nutshell, it is a show of golden instruments, big drums, plates, white shirts, uniforms and classical tunes, but also of shorts, t-shirts, sunglasses, funk, blues, pop and punk.
- Cast: Arturo Cobas, Dulce Duca, Dani Fausto, Aitor Garuz, Guillermo Porta and Santiago Montero
- Covers: Jesús Velasco i Elena Umlauf
- Original idea: Pistacatro Productora de Soños
- Project direction: Belén Brandido and José Expósito
- Artistic direction: Pablo Reboleiro
- Musical conductor: Manuel Paino
- Tour production and distribution: Belén Brandido
- Assistant and tour director: Diego Anido
- Juggling choreography: Daniel Sánchez Rodríguez
- Costumes: Uxia Pereiro Vaello
- Photography: Rubén Vilanova
- Video: Tamboura Films
- Image and poster design: Juan Gallego